Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

sad periods last a few days longer than my happy ones.

User Profile
I think I might be bipolar. I wanted to ask someone before confronting my parents. I danced for ten years, and last year I got a solo. But one day I stopped. I don't know why, because I loved to dance for so long. I cry a lot, and the tiniest things set me off, like not understanding hw. But sometimes I smile and laugh. I joke around like crazy. I cut in 5th grade for a little bit. I cut my feet and the tips of my fingers, but it hurt so much, so I stopped. My sad periods last a few days longer than my happy ones. Also, if I am bipolar, how do I tell my parents. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2013
General Q and A Answer A45550
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Do not self diagnose yourself. Discuss your symptoms with your parents and your doctor/healthcare provider and get started on appropriate treatment measures if needed based on your examination findings and evaluation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Disorder , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.