Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

rule other things out with an endoscopic U/S?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
User Profile
GI doc thinks if I get my GB removed that'll solve my problems but I'm wondering whether I need to rule other things out with an endoscopic U/S. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!!!!

* 5 weeks ago I lost my appetite. I've lost about 8 pounds in that time. If I eat a normal meal I get abdominal pain/discomfort and gas/bloating. So I'm eating very little to avoid the pain.
* About 3 weeks ago, I developed a pain under my right shoulder blade, which has been getting worse and worse. It seems related to eating/drinking. There is also slightly lower dull ache that appears.
* Also, after I ingest anything, I usually have a very very foul taste in my mouth.
* stools normal.


* HIDA w/CCK showed EF of 24% (and I had severe abdominal pain during test, though it didn't elicit the shoulder blade pain that I've been having)
* mildly elevated AST
* normal U/S
* Endoscopy revealed mild gastritis and hiatal herni

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A22774

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Loss of appetite can be due to the gall stones and this can cause loss of weight as well.

You're likely having gall stones along with inflammation of the wall of the gall bladder. The symptoms are due to gall stones and as you're having severe pain then cholecystectomy(removal of gall bladder) needs to be done.

I would suggest you to consult a surgeon regarding this. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.