I get what my doctor told me is a yeast infection of my skin in my r.leg crease, always same place...Cancer is bad in my family so of course I think the doc may be missing something serious...it smells like Rotting flesh!
It begins with a tingly type pain and there is seeping and stinging and the odor follows within hours...I never got anything like this in my life till I turned about 58yr.old..I notice sometimes prior to the seeping phase that my breath sometimes smells like yeasty bread. I have stopped ALL yeast products in my diet, I had a complete hysterectomy years before and of this because ovarian cancer risk and ovarian cysts...this Rotting flesh smell drives me crazy, it smells like my flesh is literally rotting...does anyone have any other issues such as this...my vaginas usually smells clean and this is ALWAYS in the crease of my R.leg, not my left ever...also have had the same thing hit my belly button, I can kill the stench smell with washing and using alcohol that makes me dance like crazy because it stings but it has been the most effective treatment,doc gave me a steroid cream that usually works in a couple days...is this seeping skin really caused by yeast, I'm very clean and take care of my body so WHY is this happening, I also take probiotic's daily...does anyone else have this issue, and can it lead to any type of cancer???
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2017
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Recurrent or persisting fungal infection can be due to incomplete treatment or due to treatment resistance. Take an antifungal with a combination of two or more anti fungals. Use both oral and local application. However, before you start the treatment, it is important to have a culture for bacteria and a test for fungal infection.

Another possibility is diabetes. If you have it, it may not be under control. If you do not have it, it may be that it is undetected. So please get some blood tests done for diabetes.
Also, yes, if this is a non-healing thing, and persisting for long, and you have a strong family history of cancer, then no harm testing a scraping for that as well.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.