Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Root canal in tooth with no cavity?

I have a front tooth that is slightly discolored and was told as a teenager that the root probably died from turning too quickly by braces. Now, 35 years later, a dentist says that I may need root canal. The tooth has never bothered me and has never had a cavity, I'm not cavity prone (have none). Is a root canal really indicated?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
Root canal is generally done to get rid of the pain that may cause due to infected nerve deep inside. As you said that your tooth is discolored . This may be signs of infected teeth. I would suggest you to have a second opinion of the dentist.
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2013
I will suggest you to take advice from some other dentist also. You can take the X-Ray of the tooth to be ensured about the cavity and then you can decide about the treatment according to the dentist's advice.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....