Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

rocking back and forth to sleep, feet constantly go

I have been rocking back and forth in my bed every night for 52 years to try and get to sleep, and if I'm not rocking back and forth then my feet are moving a mile a minute. I noticed on your website there was a thread that was running for a couple of years and ended in 2014 I believe that all these people had the same issues however no real solution was posted or at least I got tired of reading all the posts and didn't get to the part where the solution was. I would like to ask if there is anyone that has found a solution for this yet I know they came up with a name or a term for it but I wondered if there was any kind of treatment that would help stop it. All day long my feet constantly go like I'm running in a race in fact my mother used to tell me that she hopes I win because wherever I'm running so I'm going real fast. So my legs are constantly moving all day as well and I'm now at the point where I need knee replacement surgery which is unrelated but the point is that with my feet constantly moving in my legs constantly moving the pain is even worse and so at night when I'm trying to sleep and even sleeping on my side is almost impossible but the rocking back and forth is not only driving me crazy driving my wife crazy but it hurts like hell and I gotta come up with a way to stop this I'm losing sleep I'm losing my mind. Both my parents were alcoholics, I'm the 3rd out of 4 Kids, and I too am an alcoholic or at least I've been to meetings for 23 years. The stress of my life is probably no more or less than anybody else, and I don't think that that is the issue I think it's something in my brain that is telling me that I have to do this otherwise I won't be able to sleep and something in my brain that is telling me to keep my body moving at all times and I don't know what it is or why but I can't take it anymore I'm getting to the point where my physical condition is getting worse and all this movement all day long and all night does not help one bit. So in conclusion if there is somebody that can help or has any kind of advice please post it here I don't mean to bring up old threads but again I just got tired of reading the hundreds and hundreds of replies and kind of hope that someone could sum it up for me real quick and not only that after 2 years of Technology increasing I thought that maybe there be some newer Solutions just please let me know I'd appreciate the help any help would be great
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with anxiety disorder. You would need mental state examination for further clarification.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.