Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Rock concert , ringing in left ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
I went for a rock concert and had ringing in the left ear. Four days after, I went on a flight and the ringing was still there. While the plane was descending, I sneezed alot and my nose was blocked then my ears started to hurt due to the pressure. After the flight, my right ear started ringing and humming according to my heartbeat, in fact its louder than my left ear. It has been 3 weeks since it happened and never improved. Each time, I swallow my saliva, I can ear pops on my right ear and occasionally on the right.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2010
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A15678
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by tinnitus and ear popping which started after attending a rock concert.
The rock concert uses audio devices like subwoofers etc. with typical frequencies ranges between 20-200 Hz. The high frequency can lead to the conductive hearing loss and subjective tinnitus that possibly could be the reason for ear popping in your case. The other possible ear popping causes that need to be ruled out include nasal congestion caused by allergy, sinus condition or chronic URI, ear infections, excessive ear wax or Meniere's disease. You must consult your ENT physician for the definitive diagnosis as the same cannot made online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.