I have a regular BM every morning, as soon as I pass the stool I have a pain just right and below of my belly button about one inch down, which stays with me the rest of the day. It feels as though someone is pinching my lower right side and will not let go. This has been going on for about a year or better but lately if makes me feel very nausueas, and last week I ended up in the ER because the pain was very sharp and family members said it sounded like appendicitis. But after 2 CAT scans one w/o contrast, one with, the appendix appeared normal. ER doc thought it might even be a kidney stone, it wasn't. Now during the day it feels sore and its always in the same spot, I can even press on it and it will send me through the roof. I told my GI doc about it, and he wants to do a colonoscopy to get a better look. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
Hello rbirdr,

When is your colonoscopy scheduled? What's the date?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....