User Profile
Awkward question. I have this bizarre fetish that involves someone spitting in my face, even mouth. Not a smart thing to do, and disturbing to be sure, but just how risky is this behavior? What kinds of diseases might I get this way, even if the other person seems to be healthy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
If this behaviour persists for more than 4 weeks then it can lead to perversions and other psychiatric disorders. Consult psychiatrist to evaluate you.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied January 28th, 2019
Re: General Q and A Question
hi afternoon i had sex with my bf on the 4th of september and the 6th of september 2009 in which i got pregnant and the child was born on the 24th of june 2010 is it possible that my bf is the father?
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2019
General Q and A Answer A64839
But here are a few facts that you need to know about infections that can occur due to saliva.

Infections, such as mononucleosis (the kissing disease), caused by Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), Hepatitis B and cytomegalovirus (CMV) are spread via oral transmission from virus-containing saliva.

Hepatitis A or C is highly unlikely to be transmitted with saliva (while kissing), but they can be transmitted via saliva / spit in mouth.

Cold sores due to HSV-1 infections are spread more due to open sores on the lips and those near the mouth, rather than saliva. The infection is most contagious when the sore is open and leaking fluid.

If you have any doubts about possible infections, consult a doctor in person and seek a proper medical opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.