i have been dealing with right side headaches, throat and neck pain for four years now and i have had mri, catscans, bloodwork done with no answers. My doctor says everything is normal. I have been to neurologists who put me on clonazepam with no results and did injections in my neck that did not help. Now my right eye vessels in the corner hemorragh and it takes about 7 days for it to reabsorb. I am so sick of this. I really need some answers. This is sucking the life right out of me. The pain can be so imbearable sometimes. If anyone has any answers please let me know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Red eyes are caused by enlarged, dilated blood vessels leading to the appearance of redness on the surface of the eye, and, the degree of redness or appearance of blood is not the factor that determines what is serious.

Do you feel constant, boring, pressing, burning, stabbing or piercing pain at one side of the head, mostly located behind the eye or in the temple, sometimes radiating to the neck or shoulder?
Is this a headache that usually lasts 30-45 minutes or sometimes up to 3 hours and strikes at the same time each night or morning, often at precisely the same time during the day a week later?
Have you noticed that you are agitated and restless during the attack of headache?
Do you get eye tearing together with eye redness?
Are you experiencing nasal congestion, too?
|

MandMs wrote:
Red eyes are caused by enlarged, dilated blood vessels leading to the appearance of redness on the surface of the eye, and, the degree of redness or appearance of blood is not the factor that determines what is serious.

Do you feel constant, boring, pressing, burning, stabbing or piercing pain at one side of the head, mostly located behind the eye or in the temple, sometimes radiating to the neck or shoulder?
Is this a headache that usually lasts 30-45 minutes or sometimes up to 3 hours and strikes at the same time each night or morning, often at precisely the same time during the day a week later?
Have you noticed that you are agitated and restless during the attack of headache?
Do you get eye tearing together with eye redness?
Are you experiencing nasal congestion, too?

what does it mean if u have alll of those symptoms
|

Hi,
I have recently had a "vascular spasm / icepick stabbing issue on the right side of my head... long story but after a catscan, MRI, etc. I found the cause (though not why) and that was MILK.

I have always been a big milk drinker but for some reason I cannot touch it anymore. At the height of my problem, I stopped smoking, stopped coffee & soda and it just got worse. I had to stop consuming ALL milk products and start drinking sodas again for it to go away. It hits about 6 to 8 hours after consumption of milk products for me.

Hope this helps
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2009
hi
Hi sounds very similar to something quite rare that i suffer from to, ever heard of cluster headaches? if not make sure to look it up! its an awfull condition, clusterheadaches.com is a great place that also has an online quizz wich you ca take to see if it sounds like you? good luck!!

oh and to further this all the symptoms tha wee mentioned in that other post are classic symptoms of cluster headaches! i doubt would of heard of it most docs havent youl need to see a nuro , ut check out that site deffinatly!ope for your sake it isnt,all the best!
|
Users who thank jucylucy for this post: leisure 
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....