Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Right Hip Pain, Burping and Passing Gas, Red Blood in Stool

I would really like to know if anyone has had any hip pain as a symptom of colon or rectal cancer.

Am going to the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get a referral for a colonoscopy because today I had red blood in my stool. This is the second time in 2 weeks I've had visible blood in my stool and both times it was red. Every other time I have gone to the bathroom during this time I have seen no visible blood, as I have been keeping an eye on most of my bowl movements. My typical movements are dry and dense. This may also be caused (in part?) because I do have sarcoidosis (an auto immune disease) which I believe can also cause some constipation and dense bowl movements. My bowl movements because they are normally more dry and dense normally sink to the bottom of the toilet. They normally vary from being fairly formed smaller balls (which are dense and sink too), to being 1 or 2 logs (which normally are dense and sink too). Today however I did have some abdominal gas pain before going to the bathroom, and I did have diarrhea today which I have only had for the last couple of days and which I believe is a side effect of antibiotics I am taking for a tooth infection as the pharmacist warned me it might cause diarrhea..but that diarrhea came out with blood today.

Also for about 3 months up until about 3 weeks ago I have had problems with sever gas where it was so bad at times that it would go up into my chest and down my arm on my left side. I would many days be constantly burping and passing gas out my back side...to the point that it was almost literally one after the other, and I was in incredible pain for months. The gas pains were normally in my left side abdominal area, but they could also affect my whole abdominal area and even go into my chest. On one occasion the pain also went down into my left arm. On that occasion 3 weeks ago I had an ambulance called for me because the on call nurse thought I might be having it heart attack..I thankfully wasn't. When my gas got really bad I also got very nauseous, and at times would also throw up. When I have thrown up it has been white or clear mucus tinged with pink or red blood. (I do not repeatedly throw up..just once or twice on each occasion.) It may also be worth mentioning that pasta, breads, and sometimes red meat (esp roasts and steaks) would cause my gas to become much worse. Eating would make my gas pains feel a bit better...but after 1 to 3 hours after eating the pain would get really bad again. However when I went to the ER about 3 weeks ago the ER doctor said that she thought I might have a bleeding ulcer in my stomach so she prescribed some medication to help neutralize the acid in my stomach and medication to help with the nausea. Since that time my gas issues have almost fully resolved themselves. I also have cut out most pastas, breads, and dense red meats out of my diet on while. However I still do at times get some nausea and gas but nothing like what I had been having before going to the ER.

For me one of my most stressful and worrisome symptoms right now is the fact that I've also been having right hip pain (which is unexplained) for the last 6+ months. I know it's weird but this is one of my most worrying symptoms. I had an x-ray done but the results of that didn't reveal anything abnormal. I also didn't hurt or injury myself in anyway. The pain is deep in the fleshy area between my rectum and my hip. I feel it most laying down in bed, sitting (I can feel that area deep within that fleshy area every time I sit), and when I sit with my right leg hanging off of my bed (because my right leg and hip are slightly angled outwards). The pain is MUCH less noticeable when I'm standing, walking, or in general being active or moving. I would say that this pain feels a bit achy and like the hip is maybe slightly out of place a bit?, for lack of a better description. (However the x-rays have shown the the hip is definitely in it's right position. The pain is more on the mild side (on the pain scale that is). Has anyone else had pain like this as one of their symptoms of colon cancer??

Thanks so very much everyone!! I'm also sending all of my best thoughts, and my prayers, out to all of you here for the best possible out comes for each of you!!

Read more: gas and bloating with rectum pain - Colon Cancer Forum - eHealthForum http://ehealthforum.com/health/gas-and-blo ating-with-rectum-pain-t144048.html#ixzz30 f2JzBMS
Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 3rd, 2014
Had Red Blood in my stool again this morning...was a normal bowel movement with 2 logs of normal diameter..but had blood on the outside of it and maybe mixed in too?
|

replied May 3rd, 2014
Maybe things are so bad no one wants to post anything?? Am so incredibly worried and scared and would really appreciate, value, and love any feed back.
|
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....