Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

ribs being inflamed is cause by my gallstone?

User Profile
Couple years ago I got a kidney infection which saw me in hospital. I had got antibiotics etc. Also when I got my results of my ct scan I don't think they knew I actually had a kidney infection as this was a different doctor. So he checked me again and sent me for a chest X-ray. I was just told it is because I am overweight, the pain in my side...which was the kidney infection. But it killed when he'd touch my ribs. I was discharged and week later went docs as still in pain. My notes said I have inflamed ribs which I did not get told at hospital.
I now after 2 years get told I have a 3cm gallstone, a year after complaining to docs of right side pain. Awaiting surgery as we speak.
I was wondering if my ribs being inflamed is cause by my gallstone?
I see not other reason as to why my ribs hurt to touch. But also so is my head, top part of arms, legs, back. All hurt when touched. A doc did mention some kind of muskeloton or something.
If you could help be much appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2016
Chest Pain Answer A56575
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in ribs is not associated with kidney infection. You might have having simultaneous gall bladder inflammation or gastric discomfort. Its multi organ involving symptoms and should have been correlated clinically for the possible cause. Any infection on its own can give you such discomforts and pain and that needs supportive care and resolves with infection resolution.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.