Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Please help

47yr old female, mild diabetes, 5wks ago feet began swelling and tender, after 4 days was bedridden, feet and lower legs were severely swollen and the pain was unbearable. Dr diagnosed cellulitis, and tried antibiotics. No results. Bloodwork revealed a CRP of 160, and a ESR of 35. Tested negative for Lupus. White cell count is normal. Red cell slightly low. Mildly anemic. Diagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis. Prescribed Naperlan and Methotrexate and hydrocodone. No results after 10 days. Then prescribed Voltaren instead of Naperlan. Been on it 3days with no results. Now in addition to feet and legs, my hands, arm, nose are swelling and red. Very painful. Cannot walk except to bathroom then back to bed. Have had CT scans, MRI, EKG and ultrasound. Don't know what to do next. How long does the Voltaren take to work? Does rheumatoid normally move this fast?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2012
Yes, RA is known to have move really fast. It can affect any other joints in our body in a matter of weeks or months. Voltaren is a form of NSAIDs and it should work really quickly to relieve pain and inflammation. If this doesnt work for you, you should speak to a rheumatologist and discuss changing medication.

RA should not be taken very lightly. I'd made a mistake of delay in receiving treatment and now, I have lost my range of motion with both my wrists. Some other people ended up in wheelchair.

While you are taking medication, I also urge you to consider receiving alternative treatments because drugs have known to work for a certain period of time, after which they lost their effectiveness. And when this comes, you are often require to add more drugs (and poison) into your body. And I do not think that this is what you want with your body.

I did not use to believe in alternative treatments until I attended Tony Robbin's UPW seminar. I was enlightened about a new profound concept of health. I do not mean to say that I am an expert but I am starting a personal blog to share more information about RA and treating it the natural way.

Do not procrastinate and take action quickly to calm your inflammation or else, the damage caused by RA is often irreversible.
|

replied February 14th, 2013
Hi,I am a 54 femaole that has had RA since I was 3 years old. My parents refused to allow any medical treatment, only relying on homeopathic and what was then termed "indian doctor" treatments. I paid the price for this and by the age of 18 my joints were destroyed. I am now had 54 joint replacement surgeries/fusions. In addition I had a broken hip at the age of 15 that they refused to take me to the doctor. It took almost 3 days to convince them I needed a hospital. Unfortunately it was broken completely into two.I had to go to a trauma hospital, so I was transfered there as back then surgery with pins and such was not done like it is now.

It took three days of manual traction to untwist the hip as my mother kept trying to make me stand on it. I can't even explain the amount of pain!

I had my first set of bi-lateral knees replaced at 19 year old and I have now had 54 surgeries. Without the surgeries I would be bedridden at 20.

Please find a good Rheumy and if you aren't getting the help you need find another one! Unfortunately it often takes going to several to find a great one. I learned the hard way.

RA is very fast. I have had joints competeley fall apart within a 6 week period. So please if you don't feel heard, seek another doctor.

RA doesn't have to ruin your life, but it takes following your doctor's instructions carefully. I am on Disabllity, but I don't let it stop me. I volunteer with abused children thru the court system.You can live a good life, once you find what meds work best for you!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 25th, 2013
Some of tips for Rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is a caused due to thickened synovial fluid, systemic inflammatory disorder that may affect many organs, principally attacks flexible joints. Arthritis mean inflammation of joints, RA starts slowly, with pain and stiffness in one or more of the joints. This results in cartilage loss, joint pain and stiffness. In rheumatoid arthritis, the immune system attacks the synovial, the tissue lining the joint. RA affects women about 3 times more often than men and may affect other organs in the body. Symptoms contain tender, warm, swollen, and stiff joints, especial in the hands and feet.

some of tips for Rheumatoid arthritis:
Thunder god vine
eat daily 6-8 cherries,
Dandelion leaves,
Ginger is very effective in the treatment of arthritis
bee stings
|

replied March 3rd, 2013
Hi,
I've had RA for 35 years.
I've suffered a lot BECAUSE of the treatments doctors administered early on - particularly prednisone.
But i have learned much since then. I would like to help. Please look into: (1) minocycline (2) boron
Also, I believe this disease largley begins in the bowels. You MUST move your bowels at least once a day - preferably twice. Drink prune juice daily. That's all for now. Please hit me back if you would like to correspond more.
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....