Hey all,

I am a 26 y/o male who for the past year has has a swollen left ankle. I have been regularly seeing a Rheumatologist and although the pain is now bearable, it still is a dull pain and restricts my lifestyle. It is getting time a point where it is affecting me mentally.

I have tried Cortisone Injections which did not seem to affect it at all. The area is constantly swollen. I am not a physically active person, am an average weight. This whole thing started when I woke up one morning. I also have been advised go wear proper customers made innersoles which haven't made much difference either.

Has anyone ever gone through simular symptoms? If so I'd love to hear how you are doing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 11th, 2013
Hi Gaylore, I have not gone through the problem you are going through but i can tell you that if cortisone injection is not working, you can go for Prolotherapy. One of the expert in this area Stated that "Prolotherapy can stimulate a 50% increase in mass and a 200-400% increase in ligament strength."

Step forward according to your doctor. Take suggestion regarding this.

Thanks
Leo
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2013
My wife has RA and I've read a fair amount about it myself. I'm no doctor but I have read many times before that a classic symptom of RA is bilateral pain. (pain on both sides of the body at the same time)

Has your rheumatologist mentioned that? I'm wondering if it's possibly another form of arthritis or something different all together. Just curious on what you've heard.
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....