Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Rhematoid arthritis anti CCP test done while in flare up.

I received a positive rheumatoid factor test back the other day. I was told I should also have an anti CCP test done to confirm. Is this a test that I should have done while in a flare up? Would it show a stronger positive if that's what I do in fact have? Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2014
Anyone?
|

replied March 13th, 2014
As long as you are still experiencing the symptoms of RA, then the test will be positive, unless you magically wake up and go into remission. Which I highly doubt is going to happen, so do not sweat it. Also, you should have your hormones tested. For example, typically, low testosterone or testosterone deficiency can is a precursor to RA. There have been patients who corrected such deficiencies and found decreases in their RA symptoms.
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2014
Hey,the doctor has asked you to do an anti - ccp test in order to confirm your RA.This test gives a more effective result to confirm the diagnosis. Because all people with a positive Rheumatoid Factor do not necessarily have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2014
Hey,the doctor has asked you to do an anti - ccp test in order to confirm your RA.This test gives a more effective result to confirm the diagnosis. Because all people with a positive Rheumatoid Factor do not necessarily have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2014
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2014
hey..rheumatoid factor does not confirm that you have rheumatoid arthritis and so an anti ccp test is carried out to confirm rheumatoid athritis.
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....