Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Returning back to previous state of depression

User Profile
Hi,
I was very seriously experiencing feeling of isolation, depression, a long period of self hurts, suicidal attempts and everything. I was finding myself so happy after I found a friend, who helped me a lot and was there for me always.and she is my best friend.I shared everything about me to her.It took me around one year to completely believe her and think that she knows me well. I mostly shared my issues to her. We continued to have the friendship for around 5 years.
Now we both moved to abroad to study and she is now not the same. She dot talk much and dont find time for me. When I am not well, she is feeling frustrated.
We always fought with each other and I started to move to the past characters of mine.After hearing shoutings from her, I start to self hurt always. She will become more and more angry with this and beats me to stop it or even shouts more, which make me worse.
It has been around 1 year, and now I started to behave the same way as I was before she came to my life.
I feel so lonely. I self hurt me. I cannot stay away from her, but I want her to realise that I have something going wrong with me.
I feel so much lonely, when no one talks to me. I feel like quitting life, but I cant miss her.

Please help me with this. I think am going to become more and more worse in my life. I am afraid I may lose my control of mind. I am not able to let her understand my problems. We never fought together before going abroad, for studies.

Sorry, really, desperately needs help.
Do I need to consult a doctor?

Thanks,
Imy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2014
add me on fb @rhianna alleyne. this is serious ik cause im depressed and I self harm
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2014
I don't know if you need to find a doctor. It might help. If you think it will, then sure, talk to a doctor. Either way, I think you should try to find another friend. I'm really sorry about your other friend, though. If you do need someone to talk to, I'll listen. Hope this helps. Smile
|

replied July 25th, 2014
Imy, I guess all of us go through a phase of loneliness and isolation. I have been there too. When you spoke about your friend I remembered mine. I used to know a guy who became a good friend later on. He was English. We shared gifts, suggestions, stories and feelings. He was an online friend, a platonic relationship. We continued for a decade even After my marriage until one day he chose to disappear. It was surprising and disappointing. I was sad. I did not why he ignored my mails and simply chose to stay away from me. It is his preference. He moved on. No point lamenting it. In the same way, I would ask you to move on. Be courageous. Try to join communities, groups and make new friends. Do not expect much from the world. Just give what you have.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....