Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Restless legs + faintness = anxiety disorder?

Hello, all.
I am 17 years old and have a normal stress-filled teen life, added onto a few abuse-related stresses I will not go into detail about. Keeping that in mind, throughout the past two years or so, I have noticed some odd things about myself.
I get nervous over a very many things, including little things like being organized and being clean. I also have these weird thoughts about the people I love dying more often than I think I should. Nightmares happen often, which usually have gruesome and creepy plots to them.

These and other considerations have affected my body physically.
I get a restlessness in my legs, mostly in the thighs, whenever I get anxious about something. It seems to be an uncontrollable feeling that makes me want to move. If I try to repress it, it almost hurts. It's like I HAVE TO get up. I often stay up at night pacing until it goes away and my feet get this feeling as well, though not as often.
Additionally, I become short of breath and get nausea when nervous. I feel faint, dizzy, and suddenly irritable for no reason.

My parents refuse to take me to a doctor no matter how horrid the situation gets. So if anyone has advice, please help me?
Thank you so much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 1st, 2013
Inflammation is believed to be a key factor when it comes to Restless Legs Syndrome. A new study was published in the January 14, 2012 issue of "Sleep Medicine Review Journal" that supports this theory. You can read that study here:
http://www.rlcure.com/rls_study.pdf

You can view the results of other related scientific studies and learn about some helpful solutions at this RLS information website

The solution is a combination of a proper anti-inflammatory diet as well as introducing natural supplements and key vitamins into your daily life.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...