Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Resting heart rate

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
I'm a 19 year old boy. My pulse rate is 92 during resting time. Is this too high? If so is it necessary to take treatment? Alternatively is physical exercises improve this condition. At the moment I don't do any physical exercise. Most of time I used to sleep or stay at home working on the computer. Please let me know your advices.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2009
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A8702
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know whether a pulse of 92 beats per minute is normal.

Normal heart rate is between 60 and 80 beats per minute. Lower than 60 beats per minute is diagnosed as bradycardia and above 100 beats per minute is diagnosed as tachycardia. The heart rate can be accelerated due to physical exercises, nervousness, caffein or tea consumption, etc. Sometimes in tachycardia changes in the rhythm may appear.

According to the data that you provided, you may or may not be experiencing any medical condition. However, you may consider seeing a cardiologist for further advice and diagnosis. You might also consider having an ECG exam. You may want to reduce the coffee and tea consumption.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as a cardiologist for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.