Hello. I have a friend who has residual schizophrenia.i have however made that diagnosis based on observations and descriptions of experiences made by the person. It was stated by the person that during an early stage in life he was diagnosed by a doctor and that was when knowledge of the disorder was acquired. My friend is now 18 years old and he has been making complaints about finding it hard to think due to the voices in his head that are now possibly taking control. He claims the voices are male and female voices totaling 7persons. Growing up it wasn't so serious and now it seems they are consuming his mind for he finds it hard to think about anything these days because they are continuously speaking to him. However he claims he has it under control and refuses to seek the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist. Could you please assist me with information as to why this change in hallucinations and behavior has come about and what i can do or say to help my friend cope.. Please. I need your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....