User Profile
i had a silver filling in my teeth one year back. that time dentist told me to take x-ray n advised for filling. now after one year that same tooth started paining so i went again to the same dentist. he checked nd again advised to go for an xray chances are for rct. i said 1 year back u had seen in the xray nd advised me for the filling then how come it happen. 1 more thing i had n rct in another tooth 3 years back from the same clinic but other dentist. then also after 2 years it started paining they said it got infected. then he again did rct. i mean they are right or wrong or just are giving wrong advise intentionally just for making money or they are not a good dentists??

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2012
Dental Health Answer A38598
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Filling of tooth is done to restore the damage caused due to decay,infections and bacterial cause. Detailed examination of the concerned tooth and X ray is the only way which can give an idea regarding the extent of damage. If anyhow the dacay reaches to the nerves and damages the roots then in that case root canal therapy is done to restore it. It is not possible to comment on the disease spread and desired treatment without a detailed examination of the oral cavity.

It is very common to get the tooth infection from one teeth to other. Since I am not examining you and also have not seen the X ray it cannot be commented whether you are being guided accordingly or not. In case you have any doubt consider visiting another Dentist for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.