Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

repeat test at 6 months ? do two day matter?

GOOD MORNING

Before two days I did test hiv fourth generation in exactly 178 days from the contact. Came out negative . I read somewhere on the internet after that there should be a repeat test at 6 months ie it said in 180 days. You should re 'm going to do tests because I went two days earlier at the Living am , I can not understand if these two days Make Difference?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

You need not worry nor there is a need for repeating the tests.

You can consider the test results as conclusive that you do not have HIV.

|

replied November 11th, 2015
Good morning and thank you for your answer . To understand it does not matter that the examination was made earlier by two days , I will not because I have problems sticking my mind? No problem with the result by 2 days earlier?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2015
Since it has already been about 6 months, the test result is acceptable. Test results are more reliable when they are done as late as possible. A Negative test result at 6 months is more convincing than a test after 4 weeks post exposure.

A day or two (plus or minus) does not make too much of a difference.

I hope this helps.
|
Tags: HIV and AIDS
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.