Because of joint pains my sister cannot enjoy routine activities of life since the joint pain often causes a person to reduce their physical activity by making them helpless.

We did massage, therapies and also consult with some medical experts but no relief.

Please suggest so that she can atleast enjoy routine work.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
Joint pain can be caused by many types of injuries or conditions.

Has she been diagnosed with arthritis already?
|

replied September 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
I hear you on the reduced physical activity... There is a couple of suggestions I can make...none of them truely fool proof but every little helps...

Bracing:

I wear wrist braces which reduces pain, but reduces the mobility in my wrists, so it reduces activity just about as much as the pain does. Not wearing them is also not an option as that would only contribute to the degeneration as I apparently have osteoarthritis...

Supplements:

Arthritis supplements, is usually available without prescription. It does seem to help. If I neglect to drink them in the morning, I sit with pain even while wearing my braces. It might be worth looking into, at least to alleaviate pain while idle.

As far as I know...and I stand corrected, the best solution a doctor would prescribe for intense pain, is cortrezone injections. Pain killers and anti-inflamatories...although effective, can be a very bad idea for long-term chronic pain relief as it will start to affect your gut, kidneys and liver.

Alternative ways to perform activities:

Some activities has solutions...others...not so easy...

I have resorted to using a pen and tablette, instead of a regular computer mouse as I can't grip it while wearing a brace. It is difficult to get used to and a bit more clumsy than the mouse but it does the job and spares my wrist.

In terms of my knees, I have come to accept the fact that I need to climb stairs slowly and carefully and it doesn't bother me as much, as I have never really been a very active person...

With my wrists, it's not so easy to accept. I can't play keyboard or piano any more as the braces don't allow the range of motion I need and playing without the braces results in pain after, sometimes as little as, fifteen minutes.

The best invention yet, has to be power-steering tho Wink Without it, I wouldn't be able to drive as I am sure my shoulder would have been in the same state as my wrists by now without it. It is starting to concern me though and I will most likely have to find some solution for it soon.

Let me know what the specific problem is that your sister is having...maybe I have some other suggestions Wink

All of the best!
|

replied September 26th, 2008
MandMs , no she never been diagnosed.

Seraph, thanks for the information. From all the above options, i would like to go for Arthritis supplements, but can you provide me details about it. From whr i will get and are they really really effective.

Meanwhile i will consult with some other people so would definitely share with you to know your views.

Thanks
|

replied September 26th, 2008
Experienced User
Hi 2fatto,

One product that you can look at, is "Arthrochoice". You can just do a Google on it. The fact that it "rebuilds cartlidge" is a bit of a misnomer in my eyes tho, as it is not really that simple to replace lost cartlidge.

I would recommend though that she first sees a doctor to confirm arthritis. Sometimes, arthritis supplements can be very expensive, especially for the volume that you need to take in.

The other thing you have to be aware of, is that a lot of the supplements contain high doses of calcium, which can be detrimental for your health if your body doesn't need it.

As far as I know, excessive calcium can contribute to the formation of kidney stones.

I hope you are able to help your sister with her pains. It's really a pain...pardon the pun... living with any form of joint problem.
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Before morning on....I would first get a definate dx and if it is truly arthritis or in the arthritis family (like fibromyalgia) which are both inflammatory diseases.

If this is the case ask about an anti-inflammatory diet...most foods that causes inflammation are processed foods and cow's dairy (basically if it is man made or from a cow..not good)...Goat milk and cheese would be best. It worked for me.

I previously posted the anti-inflammatory diet in the Fibro Forum.

Best Wishes,

~Zig
|

replied October 23rd, 2008
Arthrochoice
I also had pain in my joints, but I am drinking Arthrochoice for about a year now. Now I can do much more and NO pain!!!!! Arthrochoice really work. My mom is also using it. She never felt better.
|

replied January 6th, 2009
Moxxor
I have been taking Moxxor for 90+ days with great results have you heard of it.
|

replied March 23rd, 2018
Experienced User
When joint pain flares up, you want relief—fast. But you might not want to pop a pain reliever, especially if you're concerned about side effects or interactions with other drugs. Or maybe meds alone aren't doing enough, so you're looking to add a drug-free remedy to your arsenal. Herbal supplement is more effective.
|

replied July 12th, 2018
Find a good physiotherapist and try physiotherapy.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....