Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Reducing rheumatoid arthritis ?

Hi every one, My mother is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, unable to do any work, is or are there any home made medicines? If yes, please suggest to me. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Unfortunately arthrtis is a part of life...Limbs and joints wear down...I can recall years ago thinking I was never going to be like this...But I am...Years of golfing and sports have made me pay the price for my fun...As far a medication, the strongest pill I take is a Tylenol type pill...However, I baby myself on every other part of life as far as the implements in the home...This she may find beneficial as well...Safety bars in the bathroom...Also around a shower do help...Door handles instead of door knobs...Pull out drawers on all cabinets...If she needs it a ramp going into her home...Add to this a home on one floor and these are the helpers as far as this disease...

Despite the hurt I have no regrets...Not what I expected, but so goes life...Hopefully some of these hints will help your Mom along the way...Good luck....

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: vigaplus 

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2010
I am so sorry but Arthritis is NOT a part of life it doesnt have to be. Arthritis can be common with age.. arthritis is cause by sandwich meats etc. but I just had to say it is not part of life not everyone has this condition My mother has this and it is painful I know!
|
Users who thank Laylah77 for this post: vigaplus 

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Laylah77 wrote:
I am so sorry but Arthritis is NOT a part of life it doesnt have to be. Arthritis can be common with age.. arthritis is cause by sandwich meats etc. but I just had to say it is not part of life not everyone has this condition My mother has this and it is painful I know!

I am sorry as I forgot the words "Arthritis is part of many of our lives"....I wrote the post in haste...For many of us it is in our genes...This is the story of my life and has been passed onto my children...For me it showed it's face very young....My children have not escaped this disease...

In your world it is part of "sandwich meat"....In my world it is part of life...Not a end result of eating the wrong foods, but hereditary and lifestyle.....Take care...

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: vigaplus 

replied April 29th, 2010
Re: Reducing rheumatoid arthritis ?
vigaplus wrote:
Hi every one, My mother is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, unable to do any work, is or are there any home made medicines? If yes, please suggest to me. Thank you!

I have suffered from arthritis before and really can't do regular things normally. My mom gives me different medicines but it just ease the pain for a while and then the pain starts again. When i see my doctor he suggested taking this health drink that is good for the joints and since i am really having a hard time taking capsule medicines i grab it. At first i can't feel that its working but then after a week of drinking it my arthritis vanished. I just wanna spread how this drink worked for me. It really is worth trying.
|

replied May 18th, 2010
Acupuncture is a cure for Arthritis!!!
Arthritis can be cured by Acupuncture.
I say this as I am an acupuncturist by profession and have already cured several people....
|

replied May 28th, 2010
Rheumatoid arthritis is best treated by qualified rheumatologists. I would advise you against self-medication. If your mother’s problem is not that serious, maybe you can explore physical therapy as a treatment option. It will help make the affected area stronger and enhance movement. If it’s severe, your mother may need surgery to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Her doctor will decide the course of treatment based on factors like your mother’s age, medical history, health condition, the extent of her disease, her tolerance to medication, etc.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....