Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diet Pills Forum

Reducil and weight loss

User Profile
As I have put on 3st since taking Pregabalin, my doctor has presribed Reductil and I have just started to take it today. What I would like to know is, if I lose weight successfully, how long can I take reductil. I am sure I read somewhere on the web that you can only take reductil for one year if that is the case and you put the weight back on after stopping taking reductil , do you think the doctor would re prescribe this drug. for longer than one year?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2008
Diet Pills Answer A4434
Current medical status: Fibromyalgia IBs and arthritis
Current medical treatment: Pregabalin 600 mg Citalopram

Reducil mustn’t be taken for more than a year. If it doesn’t cause a weight decrease in 3 months it can be discontinued even earlier. It can also be discontinued if it causes the blood pressure to rise too much. Taking Reducil should also be accompanied by proper diet and physical activity.

You may want to consult an endocrinologist about this.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: weight, loss, Diet, IBS
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diet Pills , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.