Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Redness around rim of head

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
i remember ive had this since i was really young around 11 or 12 it was a dark purple bump looking thing on the underside of the rim of my penis. Over the years i started to worry but wasnt sexually active till i was 18, i figured it wasnt an std cause i noone ever had contact with my penis and it was always there and didnt hurt or change. I was wondering if it could be a type of fungus or rash or something. i dont know, im worried its an std but i always remind myself its always been there and doesnt go awya and come back and stuff. I have like redness rashy looking spots around the rim of the head of my penis and the one purplish looking bump that has always been there. Please let me know what you think
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Bumps on penis are mostly benign and self resolving. These are clogged sebaceous pores and means no harm. Just maintain good hygiene and don't pop poke or pick these bumps.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.