Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

reddish lump between thigh and groin with periods

Hi, I'm 27 year old female and I have got a lump on my right side in my groin from the fold of my thigh that meets the groin and it only come about when I got my period. It hurt when you pressed on it like a burning sensation and now it doesn't hurt at all. Has a bit of a redish to it, I went to see my local doctor and he said it's not cancer at all coz I shower no symptoms and it didn't feel anything like that at all when they feel for chafe toys lumps but he wasn't quite sure what it was and it wasn't my lymph nodes that are inflamed which I thought was good but he did want me to get a STI check so I did and everything came back clear. I'm still worried a little bit on what it could be because just today now it is peeling I'm so confused and want my mind as ease and advice or information would be a great help thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2015
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The groin lump at the time of periods that you describe suggests possibility of inflammatory lymph node. The peeling of dry and dead skin over it can be natural due to stretch effect. If worried, visit your doctor/gynecologist for further examination, evaluation, clarification and assistance. Look out for development of any other new symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.