Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Red under-eyes and around face but pale elsewhere - overheating?

User Profile
Hello, I'm a 16 year old girl seeking for advice on what this problem could be before i tell my GP about it. My mum doesn't believe this is a big problem but for me it is...

When i run for long period of time when in a P.E lesson at school (sports like Netball with a Goal Attack position) and take NO breaks, my under-eyes turn bright red and so does the around of my face. The rest is pale, but it is extremely hot. Even if i get to a sink and put cold water on my face, it still doesn't help. After around 30 minutes it goes away, but only when i sit down and take a long break.

What could this be? I feel ashamed of myself when this happens because i feel weaker than the others in my class, and i LOVE sports, it is my favourite lesson of the week. I hope it isn't a big problem, but any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 1st, 2017
Exercise dilates blood vessels. you have blood channels under the skin that fill during exercise (like your face getting red). No reason not to exercise. If you have not had a medical eye exam within 2 years see an Eye MD anyway.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply