Hi, 10 days ago I received oral from 2 girls. The next day I had red spots on my penis head and 2 on my shaft. They were almost lined up, I figued could of been bruising or cuts. It worried me so I went to seen a doctor. At the time I was in Spain and couldn't understand much what the doctor was saying but she prescribed doxycline and a cream Positon (acne,fungus....) the only thing I might of understood was, it could be fungus. I imagine doxycline was prescribed as a prevention in the event I would of contracted other stds since it was still too early to see signs or symptoms yet. I took the pills for 7 days and applied the cream 3 times a day ever since but I have not seen much improvement other than the red spot on my penis head is almost back to normal color. Initially coming back from vacation I had diarrhea, might of been the cause of different food and water? I have not had any symptoms related to Herpes, I feel only a bit of pain on the rash area when applying the cream and little burning nothing else. From the research I have been doing most do not even get symptoms I believe but having a visual symptom (the redness/rash) wouldn't of I had the Flu, burns while urinating or soreness of any kind? The redness/rash is still present and doesn't seem to be getting any better. If needed I have pictures for a more specific diagnosis.

Thanks in advance for your reply
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 10th, 2013
Short answer, it's possible but unlikely. And you can get tested for herpes and other std's but some take 3 or 4 months before you can have any confidence in the results. . tons of good research. I use the creme and it stopped my outbreaks completely. Might be a good idea to get it and start using it. If it is herpes you'll get a jump on getting rid of it. If not oh well.
|

replied March 16th, 2013
I went and had a swab taking (approx. 13 days after sexual contact) and a blood test for herpes. My swab came back negative (maybe it was too late and the virus was gone). On that thought, why is it herpes is easily transmissible even when no symptom are apparent but when they take a swab test and there is symptoms, sometimes they cannot even detect herpes? My blood test also came back negative (obviously never had herpes before). At this point, the doctor still believes it may be herpes but is unsure since I had no symptoms. I never really noticed blister but I have hard yellowish scabs and sometimes a little puss. The only thing I can do now to know for sure is wait for a blood test later? How long should I wait?

Your replies are very helpful
|
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....