red spots appeared over night, noticed initially on my chest and stomach. after a few hours they became very itchy and have now spread everywhere. I had a slight temperature and a headache to start with but both have subsided. I have had none of the common childhood diseases. I have never been sick before so this is quite strange for me. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
steven
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2009
Supporter
hello an welcome. On research this is either measles or shingles. With measles there are signs of a cough, fever and muscle pain and bloodshot eyes.
Shingles can start from the chest and down the stomach but localised on one area.
Shingles have an incubation period as are infectious until scabs are formed.
You never mentioned your age but any bouts of either should be confirmed and reported to your physician.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....