Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Red Rash on Groin Scrotum Area

I first noticed a red spot that looked like an ingrown hair that had already healed on my inner thigh. Thats what I assumed it was. Then I began to get a few more of these little spots. A couple of days ago I noticed that the innermost area of my thigh where it connects to my scrotum (both sides) was covered with a red rash. This rash made the top layer of skin roll off. It seems that the rash is spreading possibly due to me working out. I got back today and there were a few more of those spots spreading up my thigh more.

The only condition that would seem to make sense right now is a yeast infection but that seems unlikely as well. My first thought at first (panic) was herpes. I am confident now that it cannot be after checking symptoms. There have been no puss filled blisters and no crusty scabs. These are circular red colored spots that are around the size of a BB, possibly a bit larger. The spots are only slightly raised and remind me of chigger bites. A thin line of dead skin runs the circumference of many of these spots.

I also have a few pictures I took with my smart phone that arent the best quality but could possibly help.

I would really appreciate any help right now
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2011

Here are two pictures...If the links work
|

replied August 14th, 2011
I have the same rash, which has been essentially ongoing for over 3 months now. Tried lotrimin (oral) for 30 days, no improvement. Have tried Hydrocortisone, with mild relief. Also Clotrimazole betamethsone has seemed to help a little, but when I discontinue use, it pops back up. Also have tried Keflex (orally) in case it was folliculitis, but that has not helped. I would love to know if you find anything. I have had 4 doctors do a visual inspection and each was so sure that it wasn't herpes that they didn't even order a blood test or swab. I'm going in tomorrow to demand a herpes blood test because nothing else seems to be getting to the root cause of this.

Based on other blood work, I seem to have a chronically low immune system... Don't know what that means.
|

replied August 17th, 2011
rash/ bumps
Hello, try using caladryl clear lotion. I had that probem for a few weeks and tried alot of different things.
this stuff seemed to work best and now it is just about gone. I believe it is caused by sweat and friction.
Just wash up good and keep applying lotion 4 to 5 times a day.
Good luck!
|

replied August 17th, 2011
rash/ bumps
Hello, try using caladryl clear lotion. I had that probem for a few weeks and tried alot of different things.
this stuff seemed to work best and now it is just about gone. I believe it is caused by sweat and friction.
Just wash up good and keep applying lotion 4 to 5 times a day.
Good luck!
|

replied May 5th, 2012
Red Rash in Groin and Scrotum - Tinea Cruris
Tinea cruris clears up rapidly in days with topical application of vinegar several times a day.r
|

replied May 5th, 2012
Red Rash in Groin and Scrotum - Tinea Cruris
Tinea cruris clears up rapidly in days with topical application of vinegar several times a day.r
|

replied September 4th, 2013
What is this?

Suffering from the same thing...
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....