Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Red, peeling skin on scrotum

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
For the past month i have been having a sever itch and peeling around my penis area.. And today i noticed that the skin was getting very sore and leathery. i also get small bumps but not painful nor do they increase in size or pus. I at the moment do not have insurance to see a docter but i need to know if it is worth to just bite the money bullet and go or is this something i can fix over the counter. also knowing what it is and if it could be transferred to my partner would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 18th, 2011
Same problem
I have had the same kind of thing for a while now, and I'd really like it to end.
I had the same sort of spots on my face for a while, but I treated it with an anti fungal cream. Clotrimazole being the main ingredient. I haven't used it as much on the rest, but I think I need a better solution because it doesn't seem to really help.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 19th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi; it probably depends on if it is simple bacteria or fungus so u can look them up, look for pictures
if fungal; there r 3 main active ingredients and Clotrimazole (as mentioned) is 1, look on the ACTIVE INGREDIENTS to see;
then u have better in some ways; like women use monistat or vagisil
and then u have Rx items like fluconozole (difucan) which comes in 50, 100, 150 mg and often a single 150 is prescribed for a yeast infection
NOW something else THAT U can do; go buy some probiotics and mix a capsule into what ever cream or anti itch, anti fungal etc as the probiotics will help stop the itch because they like to eat fungus
so do u have gf that has yeast infections, u may have got it there,
it could just be what is commonly referred as CROTCH ROT
if u r young and healthy and have no insurance then if such does not work, u have to go pay a dr etc.
good luck
Did you find this post helpful?