Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

red itchy bumps on breast, stomach, could sweating cause it?

User Profile
I started to get red itchy bumps on my breast, which now are on my stomach and vagina. I was just wondering what this may be? I have recently been sweating more at the gym and was wondering whether it could be the cause of the bumps. I have no pain, just extremely itchy

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2011
Skin Answer A26784
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. From the description of your symptoms it can be contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, heat rash, eczema, hives, allergic reaction, viral infections causing rash or simple irritation of the skin causing dermatitis.

I cannot confirm a diagnosis without examination and hence I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Till that time, apply some calamine lotion on the rashes. You can also take antihistaminics like Benadryl after consulting your doctor. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating.Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.