Hi Everyone,

I have this problem of dry skin appearing suddenly around the same areas from time to time. The areas are around mustache, left side of the chin, and left cheek area. I went and consulted to with the doctor and he gave me cream for it and said it was mild Eczema. The problem is this keeps happening randomly and I there is no pattern for it. Even if i put the creme he provided me on everyday it would disappear for a while and everything would reappear in one day. I also got my blood tested and I found out i have Hypothyroidism, and i am taking medication for it. One of the symptoms are dry skin, and I have been taking it for around 2 weeks and it appeared again. I can feel the effected area also like its a burning and itching badly. I cant help but think it might be some allergy but I don't know. The mustache area also seems to be mostly affected area.

I also took a picture of it and uploaded it [image removed] if you guys would like to see
http://i49.[image removed]/1ekk5u.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2012
I think there are many products that we are allergic to even if we "have no allergies." Try ONLY using Cetaphil which is a great face wash.I would try the Cetaphil as a shampoo, too. CVS carries it for about $6. Many products have additives that affect our skin. But you have to remember NOT to use anything else at all on or near your face.
For example, if you wash your hair, the shampoo is going to be rinsed off and it will come in contact with your face and caused irritation.

Also, try a different toothpaste.
And, if these don't work, try Lotrimin cream, I have actually seen that work to clear up skin "fungus."

I hope this helps:)
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These features are suggestive of perioral dermatitis. I would suggest you topical mild potent steriods.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.