Hello, I'm 14, and I have noticed some red dots on the left and right side of my groin. It's between my inner thigh and my sack. I'm a virgin, so I'm fairly sure it isn't an STD, but I know I can get them from other things. I have never been in a sexual encounter. Now, the red dots are in a small group that's only in the part of skin that's usually put together when you have your legs together. I'm just assuming that it is jock-itch or whatever, but I don't want to be mistaken.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you cause too much friction on your skin of the inner thighs when walking?
Do you have red areas with raw spots, where the skin is broken open?
Are you experiencing itch, burn, or sting?
|

replied July 25th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you shave that area? alot of people shave the bikini area and it can cause irritaion....
|

replied July 25th, 2008
I don't shave, and I don't walk alot. I'm not sure- but it itches really bad at times. The skin isn't broken open.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
This really looks like jock-itch,
The prominent symptom is itchiness with redness in your groin, including your genitals, inner thighs, and sometimes, buttocks and anal area.
This is caused by fungi that are normally found on the skin and not causing problems, but, when on some areas of the body where skin is likely to be moist and warm, like groin area, the fungi grow and thrive, resulting in a fungal infection.

Try an over-the-counter antifungal ointment, lotion, powder or spray.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....