Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

red bumps ooze a yellow liquid and hardly stop.


im 25, male, type 1 diabetic. Just over a year ago i was in the USA. Long story short, me and my brother slept with the same girl (not together!!!). I was quite drunk at the time and hadnt noticed that halfway during sex she took my condom off. Im not here for name-calling but a few court cases later regarding separate issues with her just let me know how much of a malicious sociopath she was who lacks any empathy at all (i won the court cases). About the same time after i slept with her i developed a skin problem that persists to this day. Red bumps here and there on my face that develop FAST and ooze a yellow liquid and hardly stop. Some are tiny, some grow to the size of a bottle cap. Sometimes it will form a blister. The yellow liquid forms a scab, which washes off in the shower only to leave raw skin behind that bleeds. I have been to countless dermatologists ALL of whom say they are clueless.

What really worries me now is that my brother JUSTN decided to tell me now that she told him one night she had HPV. I got extremely mad at my brother for not telling me. He then told me she was lying?! He claims he influenced her to go get tested for HPV and that the doctor said she was hpv free... but as far as im concerned there are no HPV tests??

Now im worried as hell, not talking to my brother at all, and im stuck with no peace of mind. As soon as i got back from America i went to an STD clinic but they told me all i was tested for was negative (including HIV/Aids). I still have my doubts though?? I have attempted suicide because of this situation before my brother told me the news... so now i feel in a whole new low.

What do i do??? I have a skin biopsy next week with one of my dermatologists but i genuinely feel as though the main objective was to not diagnose me until he could push the extreme of a biopsy on me. It will cost me 1500... i have scraped for this amount. Its just making me more and more depressed and ending my life seems like a better option. I hhave missed countless job interviews because of my skin and cannot work in the food industry because of it.

Im scared i have HIV or HPV but what do i do????

please help
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

The description of your skin rash appears to indicate Folliculitis.

Folliculitis is a superficial infection of the hair follicles characterized by erythematous, follicular-based papules and pustules.

Folliculitis is often mild and self-limiting if the predisposing factors are removed. some important measures include avoidance of tight clothing, occlusive dressings and adhesive plaster, and (if shaving) to shave in the direction of hair growth.

Daily washing with an antiseptic product (like Dettol or Savlon) may help to prevent or control mild cases of folliculitis.

First and foremost you will have to get a culture sensitivity of the secretions collected from the follicles. This will confirm the cause of the infection and also the actual antibiotic which can help in proper treatment.

Other non infective causes of folliculitis including trauma, occlusion of hair follicles, vitamin A or C deficiency, and actinic superficial folliculitis also need to be ruled out.

Hence you should consult with your treating dermatologist who can help you accordingly.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.