Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

recurring wound at base of earlobe

Hi,

For the past year or so i've noticed what looks like a recurring tear or cut where my ear meets my head/neck. it's like a sore cut about 1/4 inch long right at the juncture of the bottom of my right ear and the head. It heals up and then comes back every month or so. I was hyopthesizing some kind of fungal thing, but any idea what this could be indicative of? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 25th, 2009
recurring wound at base of earlobe asked by: swede1981 on March
Hi!

I seem to have the exact condition that you described, and I haven't been able to find any other information on it. Have you found out more about the condition since then?

Thanks for any help.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
It could be eczema. My daughter has eczema and the only place it usually flares up is at the crease where her earlobe meets her neck. We have a steriod cream that we put one it and it goes away in a day.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....