Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Recurring lump around bottom

User Profile
Hi. I have a recurring little lump around my bottom that gets quite itchy. It's sometimes there and sometimes not, but I've had it for a little while now. It doesn't really give me trouble besides the itch, occasionally it's a tiny bit painful when going to the loo. It's not hard, rather soft. Other than that it's just there and it's annoying to me more than anything else. I do have an IBD, so the gastrointestinal situation is not ideal as is.I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with that or if it's something else, if it might even be easily treatable from home? Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2017
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Answer A62707
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

If you have IBD, then some dermatitis like conditions are common, especially with Crohn’s disease. Take a gluten free diet and see if that helps overcome the lump and itch. Also, keep a food diary and see if the symptom is aggravated by a particular type of food.

Other than this, it can be a patch of fungal infection as well. You can apply a local anti-fungal and see. If it is fungal patch, it will improve.

If the above two tips do not help, please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.