Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Recurrent yeast infections and discharge

so i about three months ago i got my first yeast infection and before it got better i got really sick and then the yeast infection got worse. then i after i was better and had my period i got another yeast infection and got monistat and it went away. then i had my period and in the middle of it i got sick and when my peiod ended i had a little bit of the what seemed to be a yeast infection, but then it went away on its own. but then i got some brown discharge for like a day. and now this month when i was suppose to get my period i didnt and i got sick and now i think i have a yeast infection again.

p.s. my first yeast infection really itched and this last one i think i have now doesnt itch hardly at all but i have the discharge.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You need to see your doctor about this. The over-the-counter treatments probably aren't treating it effectively enough or you may have a bacterial infection, rather than a yeast infection.

You said you got sick and it came back? Were you on antibiotics? Those can cause yeast infections because they kill off the good bacteria.
|

replied November 3rd, 2009
no i was only taking advil
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....