Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Recovery & Post-Op Forum

Rectocele repair pain & discomfort infront & back passages

User Profile
Hi,
I had rectocele repair a year ago. I am still experiencing pain & discomfort in both my front & back passages when having intercourse, is this normal please??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
Rectocele repair
I had Rectocele repair on 31st Jan and still have pain in vagina area, I went back to work after 2 months but had to come out sick again as I found sitting down made the area more painful. I don't have pain during sex but a bit sore afterwards. I went back to my GP and he thinks its muscle repairing as he checked me and everything looked ok. He told me to rest for another 3 weeks but not sure if this is going to work for me as I have a week over already and not much improvement. I'm really worried about long term and my job.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
Rectocele repair
I had Rectocele repair on 31st Jan and still have pain in vagina area, I went back to work after 2 months but had to come out sick again as I found sitting down made the area more painful. I don't have pain during sex but a bit sore afterwards. I went back to my GP and he thinks its muscle repairing as he checked me and everything looked ok. He told me to rest for another 3 weeks but not sure if this is going to work for me as I have a week over already and not much improvement. I'm really worried about long term and my job.
|

replied October 22nd, 2012
this morning I had a rectocele repair, a mid urethral sling, and perineoplasty. Although I am very sore, I've actually had other injuries and even viral illnesses that were worse. Real sore, and I can tell it'll be several days to a week before I feel anywhere near normal.
I read these internet boards and was very scared, but it's not nearly the nightmare that I thought. I just want to encourage other women to find a reputable urogyn and get it done. BTW, I'm 44 and still having my cycle and I think if you can get this done before menopause you'll heal much faster. Just MHO. Oh, and ice really really helps.
|
Quick Reply