Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

rectal pain, then my testicals started to feel uncomfortable

User Profile
About a week ago I started getting constant vibrations in my left testicle, almost identical to the way a phone vibrates, in terms of feeling, frequency, and duration of each ring. It was strange. I looked at some forums and it seemed to be possibly be related to an inflamed prostate, or a kidney stone. It's getting worse and weirder so I thought I should post and ask. I'd really rather not see a doctor so i hope i can get help here. So the vibrating stopped but then I started getting weird feeling in my rectum, almost as if something in there was inflamed. I wouldn't say it is a strong pain but it is some heaviness, discomfort, and very mild paid. And then after that rectal pain phase, my testicals started to feel a bit uncomfortable with very mild pain and a feeling of stiffness. i also noticed they got a bit redder today. there was also some pelvic discomfort and lower back pain. i have 2 minor lower back discs, and i have donated part of my liver 5 years if thats important. help?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Your symptoms appear to be due to mild scrotal / testicular inflammation, and the causes can include mild unrecognised trauma or testicular engorgement as a result of sexual excitement.

Hence you can try to relieve it with OTC medications like acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin). Wearing supportive underwear and avoiding strenuous activity is also important.

Conditions like - infections (orchitis), hydrocele,Varicocele - present with enlargement of the testicles as well as variable amount of pain.

Conditions like Testicular torsion appear with severe excruciating pain and severe redness of the testicle. This is a medical emergency which needs immediate surgical intervention.

If you have a sense of vibration in your testicles, and they are warm, red and heavier, then it could be a sign of varicocele. This is a condition where the testicular veins are dilated. This condition needs prompt treatment as well.

Hence it would be recommended that you should consult with your doctor or the ER at the earliest.

I hope this helps.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.