Hello to everybody,
I am Dario 33 years old, 24 days ago I fell in descend riding my bike and got a compound fracture of distal radius and ulna.
After three days I have had a surgery, the surgeons fix my broken wrist setting up on it the titanium plates (ORIF) and splinting my wrist. After 2 weeks I replaced the cast with a support.
At the beginning I can only open and close the hand feeling more pain but now, after 3 weeks, I have improved and, for example, I can bring object and rotate a few the forearm with no pain at all, but I have zero grade of flexiblity in the wrist,
though when I take off the support I can't do nothing, I am very stuck and scared.
I wanted to ask if can I already do any exercise (like to try to bend the wrist or rotate the forearm)or it's too early and it's better to wait the rx that I will have on 13 july?
Is it normal that without support I can't do anything after three weeks from surgery?
How long does it take for complete recovery?

P.S. English is not my first language

Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....