I am going in to hospital in a weeks time to have my gallbladder removed via keyhole surgery.
The Dr said he would allow me to make it day surgery if I wanted but he recommended staying overnight and that it what I am going to do.

Im just looking to hear from people who have had it done about what the recovery is like in terms of pain.
My partner will be picking me up from hospital and spending the day with me but then after that she has to go to work and so I will be home alone.

My surgery is on a saturday and i'll be home alone from the monday.
How is the going to go mobility wise?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 24th, 2018
I had mine removed on March 15th and wasn't released from the hospital till March 18th. The day after surgery I didn't need pain meds and was up walking the hospital and eating what they said I could. The only thing I have noticed is everything taste extremely salty and I have never been big on salt. I wish you all the best and a fast recovery.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Recovery
Quick Reply
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....