Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Tuberculosis Forum

recovery after abdomen ( ileocaecal) tuberculosis

i was diagonised with abdomen tuberculosis in july 2015 and i have completed ATT of 9 months in may 2016. but now i am not able to recover fully. i take proper diet still i find myself lack of energy. my problems include numbness, fatigue, loss of memory. i have informed the doctor about this condition and did several tests and found that i have low vitamin B12 level in my body. i am taking multivitamin for that. but it seems to me that my body is not absorbing the medicines and nutrients from the food i take. it may be due to the intestinal damage ....please suggest some solution to this problem and how i can recover fully.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2017
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

If your symptoms are due to low Vitamin B12, and oral medications are not helping, you can take injection for the same. A complete course involves 5 to 10 injections, taken on alternate days.

Along with this, please take nutritious diet. Please get a a 2 step montoux test is done. The inoculums is give subdermally and the patient called after 48-72 hours. If the reaction is positive, the person is considered infected. If the reaction is negative, a second test is given 1-3 weeks later. Again the reading is taken 48-72 hours later. If second test is positive, the person is considered infected previously (no current infection). If it is negative, the person is not infective.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Recovery, Diet
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.