Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Recovering from non-bacterial epididymitis, problems.

User Profile
I recently got off my Bactrim treatment about 7 days ago for my trauma-induced non-bacterial epididymitis. I had some terrible pain in the testicle that I thought was unaffected, the day after I finished my prescription. It was gone in the morning and I thought nothing of it, recently I've noticed I have zero sex drive now, during the epididymitis my sex drive was normal, but now. I have no urges and my penis feels less sensitive, and when I ejaculate it's just a small amount of clear fluid. does anyone know what
happened? is it possible that epididymitis caused hypogonadism? if so, is a week long enough to notice? really stressed out and worried I have become infertile.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2015
Experienced User
I'm no Dr. but when testicles are damaged severely enough the testosterone levels in a man can fall to low levels quickly, even within hours if removed completely. I'd go see a Dr. right away and get it checked out. maybe ask for a test of your testosterone levels in blood and a quick look at your sperm sample to check if sperm are present under a microscope to ease your mind. Its more likely your body is just sore and still recovering from the trauma. But since your sex drive was normal when healing, it is a worry so get it checked out now. Just say you need follow up care from your testicular injury and check on the things worrying you. Good Luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...