Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Recommendations for unprotected intercourse

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
If a male as unprotected sex for just one time with a female, by mistake. What would be doctor's recommendations?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2010
HIV and AIDS Answer A14777
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know what doctors recommend to men who had unprotected intercourse.

Unprotected sexual intercourse is a way of possible transmission of sexually transmitted disease (STD) such as gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, hepatitis B, C or D virus, HIV, etc. These bacteria may cause infertility such as in cases of gonorrhea and chlamydia. Syphilis may cause damage to the nervous system over a long period of time. The hepatitis B, C or D virus can cause hepatitis which in some cases may be severe and fulminant (fast and fatal). HIV can cause weakening of the immune system and individuals start to experience opportunistic infections and certain kinds of cancer. If men experience symptoms such as itching in the genital area, colored discharge at the end of urination or a frequent need to urinate, they should be tested for STDs such as gonorrhea or chlamydia. If painful ulcers with solid edges appear on the penis, they sould see a dermatovenerologist to exclude syphilis.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.