Hi everyone
I am currently 21 and I am very worried about the situation that I am. I haven't been to a doctor yet and need some advice. For the past week and a half everytime I used the bathroom to take a dump, i have been bleeding. Sometimes I would bleed a lot others not so much, but it has been consistent. I took a photo of it once or twice.
Even when I wake up I wipe to see if theres blood and there still is.

Thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2016
hello ans welcome

your concern is appreciated

it seems to be hemorrhoids because its associated with fresh painless bleeding it looks like to be grade one as there is no history of something coming out of the anus , another condition associated with bleeding PR is anal fissure but defecation is very painful with that. rectal polyp can also lead to to bleeding, so digital rectal examination and proctoscopic examination should be done to assess the problem. there is usually prolonged history of constipation for which high fiber diet should be taken so that straining at defecation should be avoided thus bleeding. for anal fissure GTN jelly and xylocain jelly is advised to heal the wound. surgery is ultimate option for both if medications dont help.

hope it helps
thanks

|

replied September 12th, 2017
Rectal Bleeding Condition, Diagnoses & Treatment
The condition that you are experiencing is called as Rectal Bleeding and there are various medical conditions that cause Rectal Bleeding. Some of these conditions include hemorrhoids, diverticulosis, rectal cancer or colon cancer. The treatment of Rectal Bleeding involves finding the actual cause of the bleeding because only the early diagnosis can help to effectively treat and cure the underlying condition. That’s why; you should immediately consult a professional gastroenterologist for diagnosing the condition.
|

replied May 15th, 2018
Experienced User
Rectal bleeding is referred to medically as hematochezia. This refers to the passing of blood from the anus, usually along with stools or blood clots. Although the bleeding may originate in the rectum it could also be traced to other regions in the gastrointestinal tract.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.