Medical Questions > Nutrition > Gluten Free Diet Forum

Recently Gluten-free. Question...

Hello! I recently had to change my diet to gluten free. Can anyone tell me the benefits? Thanks so much!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 24th, 2011
Hi, I found this concise answer for you.

Gluten-Free Benefits for Anyone

Basing your diet off of the gluten-free phenomenon can be genuinely healthy and may benefit your cholesterol levels, digestion, and energy level. You don’t have to worry about the little things like soy sauce and malt flavorings, but if you avoid the major red flags in the gluten-free diet, you just might start to feel healthier. For example, you would have to avoid everything that’s fried because of the breading, which would allow you to avoid the oil and fat, as well.

Most desserts would be off-limits, decreasing your sugar and fat intake. However, healthy grains like rice and corn would still be in the mix, giving you the carbohydrates your body needs. With many of the over-processed starches removed from your diet, you’d be likely to start eating more fruits, vegetables, meats, and dairy products in addition to healthy grains. You would also be giving up most fast food (can’t have those buns) except for salads, helping you to avoid even more grease, fat, and oil, but you could keep French fries on the list of deliciously unhealthy foods you would still be allowed to eat. Overall, you would consume less junk food and more fresh food, which is a healthy way for anyone to eat.

Cheers,
Guy
|

replied July 25th, 2011
i like this response, also it is incredibly good for your thyroid to go gluten free. Once i made the decision to go gluten free i noticed i had more energy and i enjoyed the taste of the foods better than usual, plus i didnt feel as stuffed. Also i used to get really bad hangovers after only drinking like 4 beers, and now i only drink cider,wine, and gluten free beers and liquors. now the day after having a few drinks isnt the end of the world! hope this helps!
|
Tags: Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....