Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

Recently diagnosed with testicular cancer

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer recently... Soon that one is coming out. I keep thinking about the possibility of if it spread to the other or lymph nodes. I'm terrified on so many levels... I can't help thinking about how if I am in that scenario that I really do no want further treatment...
I am not of the opinion that living for the sake of living is really living at all. I'm 27. I have no significant other. No kids. Though for a long time, that has been something I've always wanted in my future. For it to be impossible...?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2014
95% survival rate. You'll still be able to have sex and enjoy life if you need treatment. Please post your pathology.
|

replied March 19th, 2014
Its a seminoma and we're about to do the cat scans
|

replied March 19th, 2014
Any sterility is unacceptable. Treatment would end.
|

replied March 20th, 2014
Quite honestly, I view the loss of the lymph nodes the same if the nerve to ejaculate is cut.
That sort of future, being alone and without possibility of ever having children of my own is far worse. Having PTSD for years now, I came to question if these things were even possible for me. For that to be ultimately true is a future I WILL NOT see.
|