Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Recently diagnosed With Schizophrenia

After years of being told I had bipolar 1 with psychosis, I had a neuropsychological evaluation done. Results were that I had mild neurocognative disorder and schizophrenia. No big shocker to me since I had a sneaking suspicion that’s what bipolar 1 with psychosis meant in the first place. Laying in bed one night I heard voices of two woman and a man coming from somewhere outside but couldn’t figure out where. They were talking about me and giving me commands to see if I would follow through and when I would follow their commands the voices would quiet down. I found myself trying to hide my face under a pillow so they couldn’t tell if I was asleep or awake. Then I started recording in my phone and realized there were no voices it was all in my head. That’s when I had the tests done. Haven’t heard voices in awhile but still get that feeling that something is after me or someone or everyone is watching me. Started taking 20 mg Abilify. It’s day 4 and just feel that restless still nagging but not much other side effects. Sometimes I wonder, what in my life has been real and what has been imagined because at this point I don’t know anymore, it’s a scary feeling.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 14th, 2019
That is a harsh issue to deal with. The medication might be helping you. Seems like your symptoms are declining.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....