Medical Questions > Relationships > Grief and Loss Forum

Recently diagnosed with PTSD from loss of child.

I don't really know what I am doing here other than trying to find people that relate to my situation. I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD. I lost a child to SIDS 12 years ago and have suffered from uncontrollable fear and anxiety since then. My doctors have always told me I was suffering from depression but recently I started seeing a psychiatrist and therapist out of desperation and they have told me I have PTDS. In January I started having trouble eating, sleeping, going to work, and I have been comsumed with an uncontrollable fear that I am going to die. I can't picture my future. I don't see my life being past the age of 40. I can't imagine my children's graduations or the day I get to me meet my grandchildren. I have had some weeks recently where things get better for a short time, but thoughts come or memories and the fear starts to consume me again. I feel like my life is ruined and will never get it back. If anyone experiencing this can reach out I would appreciate it. I feel lost and like my life will never return to normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2013
I feel exactly like this i lost my daughter at 9 weeks 3days in may this year to SIDS and i never had any problems with myself until now in completely paranoid over my self ive had a migraine for 5days 2 panick attacks last week bad back and neck i ain't eatin proper or sleepin well either the doctors checked me over and they marked it down as stress x
|
Did you find this post helpful?