I recently (two weeks ago) had a medical abortion. The symptoms that I had were "text book", so to speak so I was not concerned. However, as of tonight, the bleeding (that had almost completely stopped) started again. I am worried...or very nervous that the abortion did not occur even though I experienced the blood clots and heavy bleeding. The only time that I threw up was immediately taking the last dose of misoprostol pills. As soon as the pills had dissolved, I had to make a run for the bathroom. Did the abortion not take because I threw up during my last dose of the misoprostol? If not, why has the bleeding restarted? To be quite honest, I've terrified. I plan on calling the clinic tomorrow regarding my follow-up appointment but any advice and/or previous experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance. I'm going though this for the first (only) time and scared to death about this abortion not taking.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2010
I TOO HAD A MEDICAL ABORTION FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME . dURING THE PROCESS I WAS THROWING UP CONSTANTLY AND FEAR THAT I MAY HAVE THROWN UP SOME OF THE CONTENTS OF THE LAST PILL. DID U HAVE HEAVY CRAMPING DURING THE MEDICATION? HOW DID THE HUGE CRAMPING STOP- DID U BLEED?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...